Driving With Expired Registration in California

carGet Caught Driving with Expired Registration in California?

If you were driving with expired registration in California, whether intentionally or unintentionally, you are may have been issued a citation by law enforcement for violating Vehicle Code “VC” 4000(a).

This is usually not a serious offense and can be remedied quite easily in two simple steps:

  1. You have to get your registration valid; and
  2. You have to show proof of this to the court.

It is often the case that drivers were validly registered at the time of the traffic stop, but were for some reason unable to show proof to law enforcement at the time of the stop. Upon showing proof later to the court, the court will usually dismiss the charge for a $25 dismissal fee. You may have been steered in the wrong direction if law enforcement falsely told you no court appearance was required. If your registration was invalid, simply getting it valid does not solve the ticket! You still have to let the court know your registration is now valid.

What Happens if I Forgot to Tell the Court My Registration is Valid?

When you get a ticket for driving with expired registration and you fail to inform the court that your registration is indeed valid, you will be charged with a failure to appear in court.

In Southern California, particularly in Los Angeles County where I handle traffic tickets for my clients, if you’ve failed to appear in court your case may have initially been sent to GC Services, a collection agency, although currently the Los Angeles Superior Court is conducting its own collections and GC Services is no longer in the picture.

It’s still important to handle your ticket efficiently and to avoid harm on your DMV record. Contact me below for help!

Take Care of My Expired Registration Ticket

If the Los Angeles Superior Court is contacting you to pay an old ticket, we can help you:

  • Remove the hold from your driver’s license, so you can get your license reinstated
  • Make all court appearances and communications with the Court for you
  • Get your fines dismissed or significantly reduced in Court

For a free consultation to learn more about how I can help you with your case, you can reach me by clicking below.

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on print
Share on email

** Disclaimer
The content on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. Further, you should speak to an attorney about your specific circumstances before acting on the information contained in this website.

Copyright 2019 Denni Law, Inc. | All Rights Reserved |