CHP Traffic Violations? Get Help Here

CHP Traffic Violations Got You Down?

“CHP” stands for California Highway Patrol. Whether you are a native to California, or just visiting, you may have had the “pleasure” of meeting a CHP officer. This article discusses some common CHP traffic violations and how to get help in traffic court.

Types of CHP Traffic Violations

VC 14601.1 Driving with a Suspended License

Driving on a suspended license is a common charge received when you have past traffic tickets that have gone unpaid and your license has consequently become suspended. Many of my clients have failed to appear on a traffic ticket and didn’t even know it because they received a fix it ticket they didn’t know they had to go to court for.

If you get cited for driving on a suspended license, you’re looking at getting two points on your DMV record, getting your car impounded, and the offense can be charged as either an infraction or bumped up to a misdemeanor.

Moving Violations

Moving violations in California refer to citations that, if you’re convicted, will result in one or more points going on your driver’s license. If you get too many points, you could get a negligent operator suspension.

Fix it Tickets

A “fix it” ticket is a ticket such as driving with improper window tint, a headlight out, or with improper license plates. CHP violations for invalid registration or no insurance aren’t exactly fix it tickets, but they are correctable violations in most circumstances.

But if you ignore these tickets, they can quickly turn into a huge mess, as discussed below.

CHP Traffic Violations with a Failure to Appear

If you received CHP traffic violations and failed to appear in court in Los Angeles County, you’re ticket will be sent to GC Services. But don’t pay GC Services if you don’t have to, because:

  • you’ll get a point on your DMV record if the ticket was a moving violation;
  • you’ll get a misdemeanor VC 40508 on your criminal record for failing to appear;
  • you’ll get slapped with exorbitant fines, without the ability to get your case dismissed or reduced in court;
  • you’ll be given misinformation by GC Services, and sometimes you’ll be explicitly lied to.

Hiring a Lawyer for Help with Your CHP Traffic Violations

As a traffic ticket attorney in Los Angeles, I help my clients when their ticket has been sent to GC Services, when they’re charged with a moving violation but aren’t traffic school eligible, or when they are facing a negligent operator suspension.

There are other situations in which an attorney can help mitigate the circumstances surrounding CHP traffic violations. If you’d like help in traffic court with your ticket, please call me (Attorney Paul Denni) to set up a free phone consultation at 888-250-8450, or use the contact form below.

[gravityform id=”5″ title=”true” description=”true”]

Share this post

** Disclaimer
The content on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. Further, you should speak to an attorney about your specific circumstances before acting on the information contained in this website.

Copyright 2018 California Legal Defense, Inc. | All Rights Reserved |