Do I Need a California Traffic Attorney?
Whether you need a California traffic attorney can depend on your current situation and what your goals are.
As a California traffic attorney, Paul J. Denni can help you:
- clear a traffic conviction from your record (statewide in California);
- defend you in court on a pending case (Southern California only).
Can a California Traffic Conviction be Expunged?
A traffic offense, whether a felony, misdemeanor, or an infraction, can be expunged from your record. This means the conviction will be dismissed from your record.
However, getting an expungement of a traffic offense that caused a point on your DMV record (known as “moving violations“) will not also remove the point from your DMV record.
Once you have a point on your DMV record, the only way to remove it is to prove to the DMV you did not actually receive the conviction they thought you received. Otherwise, only after a period of time has passed will the point fall off of your record.
You can read more about the benefits of a California expungement here or call us at 888-250-8450 for a free phone consultation.
Is it Worth it to Hire an Attorney on an Open Traffic Case?
In many cases the price of an attorney is greater than the cost of the traffic ticket. However, even in this situation, it becomes worth it to hire a California traffic attorney if you are not traffic school eligible (which would keep the point off of your DMV record) because even just one point on your DMV record could make your insurance rates rise significantly.
Additional reasons for hiring a California traffic attorney include:
- you also have a failure to appear charge and are in collections with GC Services;
- your traffic offense has greater legal consequences, such as the suspension of your driver’s license, mandatory community service, or jail or prison time; or
- there is a mandatory appearance on your traffic ticket but you are unable to appear (as long as it’s not a felony offense, an attorney can appear on your behalf without you being present in court).
For help with a Southern California traffic offense, contact Attorney Paul J. Denni for a free phone consultation – you can use the Contact Form to the right.
Get Help from a California Traffic Attorney
Whether you need to clear a traffic conviction from your record or need help with a current case pending in court, Attorney Paul J. Denni is here to help. For a free phone consultation, call us at 888-250-8450.