VC 22349(a) is the California vehicle code section for speeding in excess of 65mph. The fine for this offense depends on how much in excess of the speed limit you were traveling.
If you have a failure to appear or are not eligible for traffic school, be wary of paying the ticket before you’ve discussed your options with a traffic ticket attorney.
My name is Attorney Paul Denni. I’ve been practicing traffic defense almost exclusively for several years. You can contact me at 888-250-8450 for a free consultation.
You Can View the VC 22349(a) Fine Chart Here:
- 1-15 Miles Over the Limit: If you are traveling between 66 to 80 mph, your VC 22349(a) fine is $35 plus penalty assessment (the penalty assessment is a state tax that is a multiplier of approx. 3-5 times the base amount).
- 16-25 Miles Over the Limit: If you are traveling between 81 to 90 mph, your VC 22349(a) fine is $70 plus penalty assessment.
- 26+ Miles Over the Limit: If you are traveling 91 mph or more, your VC 22349(a) fine is $100 plus penalty assessment.
Why Do I Have a VC 22349(a) Fine Increase?
If convicted under VC 22349(a), you may have other issues besides just facing fines owed to the court:
- you are at risk of getting a point on your record because this ticket is a moving violation
- you are at risk of getting a failure to appear conviction on your criminal record
If you have failed to appear on this speeding ticket you’ll be sent to GC Services, a collection agency interested only in collecting your money, and not interested whatsoever in protecting your DMV record or your criminal record.
Don’t pay GC Services unless you have to, and there are only a few circumstances in which you must pay GC Services in order to protect your license.
You can call me, Attorney Paul Denni at 888-250-8450, or use the Contact Form below.