Dealing with Pomona Court GC Services
If you have failed to appear on a traffic ticket, it used to be that you would deal with Pomona Court GC Services.
However, since Pomona court has closed for the purpose of handling traffic tickets, if you received a traffic ticket that would originally have been heard in Pomona courthouse, these traffic ticket cases have now been moved to either El Monte, Metropolitan Court, or West Covina courthouse.
Whatever the case, dealing with a failure to appear traffic ticket can be a mess.
Pomona Court GC Services Problems?
If you have been referred to the collections agency GC Services, this is because of one of two reasons:
- you have failed to appear on a traffic ticket and have not seen the judge yet (this is the “failure to appear” situation), or
- you have seen the judge already, been ordered to pay fines, but failed to pay your fines on time (this is the “failure to pay” situation).
As a Los Angeles traffic defense attorney, I can help with the “youfailure to appear” situation and get you much better results by handling your case in traffic court than if you paid GC Services (read below for more on this).
If you have a failure to pay and you want to get your license back, the only thing you can do to clear this hold from your license is to pay GC Services, because you’ve already had your day in court. BUT – you DO NOT have to pay GC Services to clear a hold from your license if the ticket is 5 years old or older.
Why You Shouldn’t Pay Pomona Court GC Services
First, there really is no more Pomona Court GC Services. As discussed above, since the Pomona Courthouse closed for traffic purposes, your case has been moved to one of the other Los Angeles County court branches.
But you’ll still have to deal with GC Services, and the reasons you shouldn’t pay GC Services are several:
- you’ll get a misdemeanor failure to appear on your criminal record;
- you’ll get a point on your DMV record if the ticket was a moving violation;
- you’ll pay exorbitant fines;
- you’ll pull your hair out trying to reconcile what GC Services, the court, and the DMV are all telling you (different stories!).
As a traffic defense attorney, I can help keep points off of your DMV record to keep your insurance rates low, dismiss or reduce your fines in court, and get your failure to appear charge either dismissed or at a minimum reduced to an infraction so it stays off of your criminal record.
You can contact me (Attorney Paul Denni) by phone at 888-250-8450 or use the contact form below.