If you have a traffic ticket that is either a failure to pay, or a failure to appear from the Metropolitan courthouse, you’ll be dealing with GC Services who will try to collect money from you for that ticket.
My name is Attorney Paul Denni and I’m a traffic ticket attorney who knows how to deal with GC Services, the DMV, and the Court on your behalf. You can call me for help at 888-250-8450.
The Difference Between a Failure to Appear and a Failure to Pay
A failure to appear refers to when you received a traffic ticket, but you never went to court to fight it or you never paid it on time. In this case, you still have the right to see the judge.
A failure to pay is when you’ve already seen the judge and been ordered to pay fines, but you didn’t pay those fines on time. So if you have a failure to pay, you must pay GC Services to clear your license. The only exception is when the ticket is older than 5 years old (you still owe money to GC Services but you don’t have to pay it to get your license back because the DMV will purge holds from tickets that are older than 5 years old).
So if you have a failure to appear, don’t pay GC Services because it is a huge ripoff.
Why You Shouldn’t Pay Metropolitan Courthouse GC Services on a Failure to Appear
As discussed above, you still have the right to a court date when you have a failure to appear. Metropolitan Courthouse GC Services will often lie to you and say you can’t see a judge anymore. This is not true!
GC Services convinces people to pay because they’re a collections agency, but here’s what will happen to you:
- you’ll get a misdemeanor failure to appear charge on your criminal record (under VC 40508);
- you’re insurance rates will go up if your ticket is a moving violation, because paying GC Services = a court conviction which means points on your DMV record for a moving violation;
- you’ll pay 4-5 times the original ticket amount which is just outrageous;
- paying Metropolitan courthouse GC Services is not necessary to clear the hold from your license, and is actually harmful to you because of the reasons listed above.
How I Can Help You
As a traffic ticket attorney who is looking out for the best interests of my clients, I can:
- get your fines completed dismissed or severely reduced from what GC Services wants;
- help keep points off of your DMV record by getting you a dismissal, an amendment, or traffic school;
- get the misdemeanor failure to appear charge reduced down to an infraction so it stays off your criminal record;
- make all court appearances and handle your entire case for you without the need for you to be present in court.
It can be confusing when you’re searching for the right answers and you keep getting different stories from GC Services, the DMV, and the Court. As a traffic ticket attorney dealing with all of these agencies for several years, I can help straighten out this mess for you and give you a free and honest consultation that pertains to your specific situation.
You can call me at 888-250-8450 or use the Contact Form below to get in touch with me.