Don’t Pay GC Services

GC Services is a collections agency that wants your money for a traffic ticket you haven’t dealt with yet. 99% of the time, you do NOT want to Pay GC Services. If you pay them, a whole series of adverse consequences will follow.

For one thing, when you pay GC Services, you’re automatically pleading guilty to your traffic ticket and to your failure to appear charge. The traffic ticket will go down on your record as an infraction, but if it was a moving violation you will get points on your record without the ability to go to traffic school. The failure to appear charge will go down on your CRIMINAL record as a MISDEMEANOR.

Also, if you pay GC Services, you are paying the maximum price for everything. There’s no opportunity to show proof of correction, if the charge was a fix it ticket like VC 16028 driving without insurance or VC 4000 driving without California vehicle registration. There’s no opportunity to negotiate with the officer for a non-moving violation, and there’s no opportunity to explain your failure to appear to the judge and get a dismissal or reduction in your fines for the failure to appear charge. In addition, GC Services will jack up your fee to include their collections fee, so if you pay GC Services, you are helping them make money.

As long as you have a failure to appear and not a failure to PAY (discussed below), then you are entitled to a court date. Don’t let GC Services hassle you into paying them. Call attorney Paul J. Denni for help dealing with them so you can preserve your DMV record and pay less fines.

Pay GC Services Only if You Have a Failure to Pay

The one time you pay GC Services is if you’ve already had your day in court (i.e. you’ve seen the judge), the court ordered your fines, you didn’t pay your fines, and now the court has referred you to GC Services. This is the one time you have to pay, because you’ve already had an opportunity in court to fight it.

Get Help Now

If you’re not sure whether you have a failure to appear or a failure to pay, contact attorney Paul J. Denni and he can look your case up for you and advise you on what your options are. You can reach him by phone at 310-200-4519, by email at, or in the Get Help Now box to the right.