Monthly Archives: December 2012

Should I Pay a Traffic Ticket in LA County?

For those of you who have done your research and would like to pay a traffic ticket in LA County, you can visit our how-to pay a traffic ticket page by following this link: How to Pay a Traffic Ticket in LA County. If you need to pay a traffic ticket in another county, visit [...]

By | December 28th, 2012|

Red Light Cameras – Was Someone Else Driving?

Red Light Camera Ticket Defenses As a Los Angeles traffic ticket attorney, I get a lot of questions about red light camera tickets from my clients. Simply put, to be guilty of running a red light, the light needs to turn red before your vehicle crosses the limit line. Sometimes the light isn't working properly, [...]

By | December 22nd, 2012|

Driving Without A License in California (VC 12500)

This blog post considers the implications of a VC 12500 charge. VC 12500 is a California traffic ticket issued for driving without a valid license. It is distinct from VC 14601.1 (a) driving with a suspended license for the reason that if sentenced under VC 12500 you are only found guilty of not holding a valid California driver’s license, instead of INTENTIONALLY driving without a valid driver’s license, which is the VC 14601.1 (a) charge. Due to the fact that there is no INTENT element under VC 12500, the penalties for driving without a license are much less tough. For instance, if sentenced under of the 14601.1 (a) charge, you will receive two points on your driving record, which brings you closer to a negligent operator suspension. In the event that you are convicted of VC 12500, on the other hand, you will receive no points on your record, so you won’t have to worry about going to traffic school. The bad news is that penalties for driving without a license under VC 12500 might mean you’ll face fines, and a possible misdemeanor conviction on your criminal record. This is due to the fact that despite the fact VC 12500 is regularly considered a “traffic ticket”, it can be charged as either a misdemeanor or an infraction. Many of my clients want to know how to tell if your VC 12500 traffic ticket will be charged as misdemeanor or as an infraction. Sadly, there is no way to forecast how it will be charged. If you look at the copy of the citation the cop gave you (assuming you still have it - if you don't, contact me and I [...]

By | December 10th, 2012|